The Florida Chapter of ACRL (FACRL) is seeking proposals for presentations and poster sessions for the 2018 FACRL Annual Conference exploring learner-centered librarianship in academic libraries through and beyond instruction programs. Learning involves both content and resources, as well as information processes such as information seeking with connection to all aspects of library work and service models. As academic libraries increasingly shift focus to learner-centered programming, collections, pedagogy and practices, an opportunity has arisen to rethink our roles in relation to the learning experience. The 2018 FACRL conference will allow for reflection, planning, and development in this growing area. The annual conference will be held on Friday, October 19, at the Florida Gulf Coast University Cohen Center Ballroom in Fort Myers, FL.
Presentations and posters of superior quality may be considered for future publication in The Reference Librarian, a major refereed journal published by Taylor and Francis. Consider reviewing the Instructions for Authors to learn about the expectations of content and writing for this peer-reviewed journal.
Presentations and posters may address the following, but all proposals relevant to learner-centered librarianship will be considered:
- Examples of library services and resources that foster learner-centered librarianship
- Initiatives involving broader campus communities to inform and inspire principles of learner-centered practices and/or the application of the ACRL Framework
- Case studies highlighting effective learner-centered teaching practices for information literacy instruction that facilitate learning by building on prior knowledge and applying information literacy skills in meaningful ways
- Experiences with the integration of technology, information literacy, and ethical use of resources as well as library programs and services that encourage excellence for all learners
- Implementations of Scholarships of Teaching and Learning (SotL) and/or High-Impact Educational Practices that are guided by learner-centered pedagogy
- Other topics relevant to learning-centered librarianship in the field of teaching and learning, leadership and management, technology and access, library environment, as well as partnerships and community outreach.
- Need additional information to supplement your proposal? Check out the resources provided by the ACRL’s Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Committee
Inquiries may be sent to the FACRL Program Selection Committee Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.